Friday, December 21, 2007

Finding Feeds

I checked out all four of the recommended feed search sites. Feedster was down (I guess they were retooling). Topix wasn't very helpful to me, but I did discover a movement among Harry Potter fans to challenge media consolidation by searching for "independent media." A popular phrase they use is "Voldemedia"--clever! I also searched Syndic8. This was my favorite one. By typing in NYC events, I found some great RSS feeds for happinings in the Big Apple. Check out my blogroll at http://rpc.bloglines.com/blogroll?html=1&id=monaleeislam&target=blankif you'd like to see. Just look under "Events." Finally, I tried technorati, and found some cool stuff, none of which supplied RSS feeds, though. From there, I became absorbed in my findings, and had a hard time pulling myself away. I did add a couple feeds from library blogs, namely, "radical reference" and "the shifted librarian." Check under "libraries."

One thing I don't understand is why my blogroll doesn't seem to point to the feeds themselves, but instead, points to the websites from which the feeds originate. It that supposed to happen?

No comments: