Tuesday, December 18, 2007

More Flickr Fun

I explored two different Flickr API tools: "World in Pictures" and "Bubblr."

World in Pictures, at http://worldinpictures.org, is a fun site. You can type in a location anywhere in the world, and if somebody has taken photos there (and geotagged them in Flickr), you can see their photos of that place. It gives you some "local color."

Bubblr is cute. You can take your Flickr photos and add callouts to make them appear as comic strips. I did this with one of mine:

CQIA by Ramona and Leslie

I didn't get it to work perfectly, though. One of my bubbles is smooshed. It's supposed to say: "So good to share this award with you and the Library."

Oh well. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

cpferree said...

I like the Bubblr app. I think we need to start randomly inserting Leslie into our pictures and have her comment on things. It will be like she never left.

--CF