Sunday, January 27, 2008

#12 Rolling My Own Search Engline with Rollyo

Rollyo--very cool! I had read a bit about it, but never took the time to explore it. Thanks, 23 Things! So far, I haven't exploited it to a great degree, but I'm psyched. I've created a short list of trusted librarians' blogs that Rollyo will search for me, in one fell swoop. I called my Rollyo searchroll "Library Blogs." You can see my search box below. The blogs included are "Research Buzz," "Librarian in Black," "The Ubiquitous Librarian," and "The Shifted Librarian." I tried looking for what these bigshots had to say about movies (or the singular, "movie"), and they had lots to say! For instance, they told me about a Google "Hack" called Moogle, that allows you to search specifically for movie reviews in Google news. Something tells me this Google hacking is not much different from rollyo, which allows you to design special searches. The world of web 2.0 is opening up!


Powered by Rollyo

No comments: