Sunday, January 27, 2008

#13 Mmmm, yumm, TASTY!


I love del.icio.us. It's so convenient to store up links to my favorite websites on one web page. It's also very cool to find out whether a page that I link to is popular with others or not. When I've just found out about a great website and link to it in del.icio.us, I'm sometimes dumbfounded that I hadn't discovered it sooner, because thousands of others have it on their list! Other times, I seem to be one of the tiniest handful of people (or the only person) who likes a particular website.

We're trying to use del.icio.us for faculty/staff workshops, to share the tools we talk about with those who attended so they may revisit them later. So far, the faculty love it. Their only suggestion is that we use fewer tags (they're getting lost in the forest of tags!). Here's the URL for that del.icio.us page: http://del.icio.us/dnlworkshops. We call it "Past Faculty Library Workshops."

No comments: