Sunday, February 3, 2008

#14 Technorati, it's a hottie!

To get started on this task, I visited Technorati and clicked the advanced link, which led me to a bunch of search boxes. When I searched for blog posts, several results turned up. The first among them were "SEMLS workshop on Wednesday 2/3," from librarian.net; "Jane Knight's Weekly Bulletin;" a Wordpress screencast by Kyle Jones (from Tame the Web); and a posting out of the UK from a blog called "Minds on Fire." Searching by tags, my results were somewhat similar, but not exactly. Different items were at the top of the list. It was interesting to note that the tag search wasn't exact, as I found one posting, titled "Teaching an online course using educational social tools," that was tagged "E-Learning 2.0." Finally, searching the blog directory was quite different. This was similar to searching a subject index, and found blogs, not just postings, focused on "Learning 2.0."

Looking around Technorati's popular area, I found out that Sarah Silverman is having a good time with Matt Damon and Boing Boing is still the most popular blog around. Relevant to 23 Things, there is a blog called "Mashable: the Social Networking Blog." I visited this Mashable post, at
http://mashable.com/2008/02/03/13-tools-for-tracking-discussions-in-the-blogosphere/#more-19987


and found out about cool things called Memetrackers, very mysterious! A memetracker will help you find and track bloggers' discussions about a topic or story you're interested in. A couple meme trackers reported in that posting include BallBug.com for baseball fans, and CoComment.com. Pretty cool!

Now, I'm being ambitious. I'm going to tag my post DNLibrary right here:
.

Technorati is very much a hottie, but I didn't get an account yet. Too many accounts to keep track of just yet. It will be very cool, however, to search blogs and try memetracking!

No comments: