Sunday, February 10, 2008

#23 the Alpha and the Omega , or, the Spiral

This is neither the beginning nor the end, but a continuum. Thanks for the 23 things. I had a great time. What did I like best? I thought the image generator tools were fun to play with. They made me giddy and in the mood for a good laugh. LibraryThing is another thing. I am excited to work with it more. I haven't found the time yet, but it's a delightful way to keep track of favorite books. I also loved Zoho, because it indulges the design lover in me. It also lets me gloat at Google, a rare opportunity. I also enjoyed reading everybody else's blogs, or at least skimming them from time to time. You all found some really neat stuff! Before the 23 things, I already loved del.icio.us, YouTube, RSS feeds, and podcasts, but this activity keeps them fresh and in mind.


Believe it or not, this endeavor also helped me to improve upon some of my learning tendencies. For example, it helped make experimenting with technology fun for me, when it's sometimes scary. I was able to use my ease with playing to leverage my unease with technology. Additionally, 23 things made it easier for me to keep a Web 2.0 "learning toolbox," because everything I learned about is saved on my blog, so I can return to it later when I need it.


Happy Surprises?--Rollyo! I'd seen Rollyo mentioned around the Web, but I had been too lazy to check it out. Now that I've used it, I can't believe how powerful it is. There's so much potential, and I really loved Jackie's suggestion to use Rollyo to search our Best Bets guides. Cool that Devin put a Rollyo search box on his blog!


How can you improve this experience? Do it again in 2 years, with new and different tools for us to learn. I loved it the way you did it, thank you! I would definitely participate again.

No comments: